Tuesday, May 13, 2008

A Trip to Florida

The girls and I headed to Florida last Wednesday night and returned very early Monday morning(12:15 a.m.). Our flight was due back at 9:00 but was very delayed. Better late than never.

The reason I couldn't post about this trip earlier was it was a surprise. My good friend Alexa is having a baby and we were throwing her a surprise shower on Saturday. It was people that work(and used to work) at the preschool. It was so nice to see everybody again. I miss them all. I wish I would have had more time to talk to everyone.

My friend, Susan, even flew in from Rhode Island. I hadn't seen her in a few years. She spent Saturday with me. It was great seeing her again. She was one of our references when we adopted Julia. She is a lot of fun to be around.

I was also able to spend more time with Alexa than usual. She is doing well and all is good with the baby. Her due date is July 18. Not long now. She got some great gifts and was really surprised.

The other 3 days I spent at my parents' house. I was able to visit with Mom, Dad, Debi, and Maribeth. Maribeth even spent a couple of nights at the condo with me. She helped me with some of the shower projects.

So now we are back to everyday life... School, baseball, doctors' appointments, and mom's taxi service.

1 comment:

  1. Wow, that sounds like a great trip! I'm so glad you got to see the gang from preschool again! I bet that was really fun.

    ReplyDelete