Friday, August 8, 2008

08-08-08


A picture I took of the Bird Nest(where opening ceremonies are)a year ago.

This is a very lucky date for China therefore the start of the Olympics. We are very excited to watch it this year. The opening ceremonies were very impressive. I think we will burn it to DVD so Grace can enjoy it one day. We want her to proud of her country.

A year ago,today,we were flying to China. To get a real feel for China you have to see it. I was talking to someone the other day and we agreed that once you go to China you are eager to go again. I can't wait to go back one day whether it is to adopt another child, volunteer in an orphanage, or for a heritage visit.

2 comments:

  1. Very true. They have had to deal with a lot of protests as the torch made its way to Beijing. I was glad to hear President Bush condemn them for their human rights violations. But you're right, nobody has mentioned the orphans. You should try contacting a national news show or newspaper and tell them about it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've been thining about you and your trip to China as we watcht the games. I'll tell Matt, look Kristen went there!

    ReplyDelete