Friday, February 24, 2012

Frustrated with Visas

Today was Chinese Visa Application Day. For at least six hours I filled out visa applications, printed, fixed an error, printed again, repeat. The worse part is now we have a couple of questions and the courier is off for the weekend. When there is one mistake you basically have to redo the whole application. You can not save the application so it is like starting over. I think I am passing this one to Dallas. I have done all of the paperwork to this point with him doing the proofreading. I think it is time to switch roles. I wish I had decided sooner to pass this one to Dallas, I can think of a lot of better ways I could have spent my day.

On a positive note the visa applications should be the last time consuming paperwork we have to complete. Plus we will be one step closer to bringing Alyssa home.

We are planning to take Grace, Julia and Zachary with us to China. Grace talks about China often and we really want her to have the opportunity to go back. We can't take Grace without taking Julia. Julia would not understand and we think it would really cause some setbacks with her if she did not go. Zachary is going because he wants to go and it would be nice to have an older child to help with the littles. Nicholas can't go because he is in the 10th grade and on block schedule. We still need to find someone willing to stay with him. Missing two weeks would be like missing a month of school and he has 2 classes that are difficult. With Kristopher being in college it is not even an option for him to go. Fortunately he is in a dorm so we don't need to worry about him.

Now if we could just get those Visa applications completed and sent to the courier.

UPDATE:The visa applications are done except for signatures. I couldn't stand them not being finished so I figured out the answers and got them done. We will gather photos and money orders this weekend and send them to the courier on Monday.

No comments:

Post a Comment