Thursday, May 3, 2012

The Honest Post

Please don't hate me but I am going to be honest. I know this is not the norm in adoption but it is 100% true.

Alyssa is doing great! Really great! She only cries if you take her in a bathroom or a doctor's office. There is no doubt that she is bonding and attaching to us. We are prepared if things change but for now she is doing exceptionally well. This has been our easiest adoption yet. Maybe God is trying to tell us something.

Today was Alyssa's first doctor's appointment. It went pretty much as we anticipated. She is 25 lbs and 34 inches long. Alyssa cried as soon as she realized where we were. She cried when anyone touched her. She cried when she gave blood. Lots of blood work and stool samples. Oh what fun! We go back in a month to see what shots she needs and to make sure she is progressing. So who reading my blog goes to Jeffers, Mann, and Artman? I know someone adopting from China does because Dr. Artman mentioned that you mentioned us. Please fess up, we would love to meet you!

3 comments:

  1. It is me , Jody ! I went to make Mia's first appointment and you had mentioned Dr Artman on your blog so when I saw him I said hey ...we "know" someone in common. But he just said oh ... Well can't really say yes or no because of privacy rules. We have known Dr Artman for many years. Small world. I told him he was famous, someone mentioning him while they were in China ! Lol !

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am reading your blog, but we live in SD.
    http://ourpreciousladybug.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. I feel the same! It actually makes me a little nervous to adopt again bc it has been so smooth and easy this time!!

    ReplyDelete