Thursday, June 13, 2013

May 13, 2013 - The Day We Met the Boys

One month ago today we met the boys for the very first time.  What a difference a month makes!  They are so different.  We don't see the vigorous shaking of the hand and saying "bitta bitta" near as much.  That means whatever you are doing they do not like and they want nothing do with it.  In China that was pretty much anything.  As I have mentioned they are definitely not go with the flow kids.

They are getting better at our names.  They usually refer to me as Mommy and Dallas as Daddy.  They will repeat all the other kids names after you but won't just call them.  Jacob knows his name is Jacob and likes to say it.  He also knows Caleb's name but doesn't call him that without prompting.  Caleb likes to joke with you and say his name is Lala(his Chinese word for potty) but I think he really knows it is Caleb.  He will tell you Jacob's name is Jacob.

They can do the sign for eat when they are hungry.  They are starting to get the more and please sign too.  Their language is a bit hard to understand so the signs help.

They are walking much better but still a little wobbly.  Stairs are difficult for them.  I have noticed they don't look down at the stairs, they just walk.  Several times if I weren't holding their hand they would have landed on our concrete floor in the garage.  They will completely miss the step.

They are eating lots of different foods now.  Fruits except for bananas aren't a big hit.  I don't think I have found a vegetable that they like either.  Cereal is their favorite.  We are finally getting rid of all the cereals nobody else in the family likes.

They are funny little guys who are showing us more and more affection everyday.  I think they are really starting to like their new home and their new family.  Their little smiles will melt your heart in seconds.

I wasn't able to post these photos while I was in China because my computer wouldn't work right with the VPN.  I was primarily just posting photos from my I- Phone.  Below are the best photos from the day we first met them and a couple from this afternoon.

                                           Our First Glimpse of the Boys

                                             Warming Up to Us

                                     Zachary's First Photo with his Little Brothers

                                                     The Four of Us

                                           Back at the Hotel - Caleb

Back at the Hotel - Jacob

My sister video taping us meeting the boys. 

                                                June 13, 2013

June 13, 2013 

No comments:

Post a Comment