Friday, June 20, 2014

ECU Freshman Orientation

Wednesday and Thursday Dallas and I had the pleasure of taking our second oldest son to ECU's Freshman Orientation.  It brought back so many memories of when my parents took me twenty eight years ago.  The campus has changed in so many ways but there are lots of things that are the same too.

They kept us very busy those two days.  We walked, we listened, we laughed, we cried, and we ate. There are so many opportunities for Nicholas there.  I pray he takes advantage of them and makes wise choices.

Nicholas' plan is to major in physical education.  He wants to teach elementary age kids to start. We have always known Nicholas would not do well in a desk job or anything having to do with a computer.  That just isn't him.  I doubt he will change his major but if he does there is no doubt it will be in the sports field.  Nicholas has little interests outside of sports.



We started the day with a photo-op with Pee Dee the Pirate.















Greene Dorm- The dorm I lived my first 3 years in college.

















We were sitting in Joyner library waiting for Nicholas.  Dallas said maybe I should read a book. Dallas never reads a book.  He skims the newspaper but that is about it.  He looks up and what does he see but Duck Dynasty books.  Duck Dynasty is one of his favorite shows.

No comments:

Post a Comment