Thursday, October 4, 2007

Why Adopt?








There are so many reasons to adopt a child. It is a win win situation. These are children that need moms and dads. They need someone to love and protect them. The rewards for a parent are immeasurable.

There are lots of myths that are often associated with adoption. One, that you can't adopt if you don't have a lot of money. I have seen so many people fundraise to bring their children home. There are so many ways to do this...yard sales, ebay, adoption dinners,refinance a house, adoption loans, etc. It can be done.

Another common myth is that you can't love an adopted child like a biological child. Not true, I feel no different towards my adopted children then I do my biological. They are all my children and there is no distinction between adopted and biological.

Lots of people think the child is the lucky one. I have to disagree. Dallas,the boys, and I are the lucky ones. These two girls have truly blessed our lives. What would we do without frilly dressses, lots of giggling, and lots of hugs and kisses?

Look at these four cuties. Three of them have the same special need as Grace. They are all still looking for their parents. Doesn't someone want to experience the blessing of adoption and make one of these sweeties their own?

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for this post. I love hearing more about adoption. It's not for us. Even if we could raise the money to bring one home, we can't afford anymore kids once they got here. But I think it's so wonderful that you and Dallas have chosen to adopt to expand your family! More people should adopt for sure! Thanks again for sharing!

    ReplyDelete