Thursday, November 1, 2007

Happy Birthday, Nicholas!


Happy Birthday, Nicholas! Twelve years ago, today, our second son was born. Nicholas is such a great kid. He is truly the All American Kid. He gets along well with everyone and has no problems making friends. Everybody is his friend. He loves being outdoors. Baseball and Golf are his sports of choice.

Poor Nicholas, it will be the birthday he always remembers. He had a birthday dinner Tuesday night at Red Robin just in case we didn't get out of the hospital. Good thing because we didn't. His dinner on the night of his birthday was at Wendys in the hospital. Dallas brought the boys to visit Grace and I took them and Julia to the Wendys for dinner. Dee bought a cake. The kids ate dinner and then we sang Happy Birthday to Nicholas at Wendys. We didn't want to take the cake into Grace's room because she didn't feel good plus she couldn't eat it. Nicholas only had one present to open on his birthday, too. I gave him the choice of me going and buying him some surprises or him going to Target and picking them out himself. I only did this because I didn't have much time when we found out Grace's surgery would be the next day. Nicholas was alittle sad about the situation but he handled it well.

I will post pictures tomorrow.

1 comment:

  1. Love Nick's cake. I'm sure Chett can empathize with Nick since he missed his birthday celebration 2 years ago when Grandmother passed away. All of your kids are great kids. I'm also glad Nick was able to have his Red Robin dinner.

    ReplyDelete