Tuesday, September 23, 2008

I Survived

For the past few months we have been looking for an inexpensive old car on Craigslist. Last week we found a 1998 Ford Contour with 106,000 miles for very cheap. Thank goodness, the mechanic said it was in great condition and that we got a good deal.

Kristopher could now have his driver's license but we haven't given him many opportunities to drive. Dallas nor I were comfortable letting him drive our cars. Dallas did take him out a few times in the van but it is rather big for Kristopher.

So yesterday, now that we have the car I decided to let Kristopher drive Grace, Nicholas and me to the library. It is about a 20 minute drive through town. The whole ride I was gripping my door handle and my feet were pushed to the floor board. Kristopher actually did pretty well. It was me who couldn't take the pressure. I realized I was over my head and wanted to stop the ride almost immediately. I held my tongue(Kristopher would disagree)as much as I could. When we arrived at the library I could not refrain from sighing with relief. We made it in all in one piece. I learned a valuable lesson...I would not be riding with Kristopher until he had a lot more practice. That will be Dallas' job.

Can you believe Kristopher had the nerve to say that I made him nervous?

No comments:

Post a Comment