Sunday, October 7, 2012

Happy Birthday, Alyssa!

Today was Alyssa's 3rd birthday!  She wasn't sure what the big deal was but was in a good mood all day.  When it came time to open presents she had no idea what to do.  She kept asking the girls to help her.  It was fun seeing her so excited about her day.  She loved all her Minnie Mouse gifts!

Alyssa was born in the fall of 2009.  Ironic that our baby girl was born as we were struggling to make it through each day.  If you asked me what was the most difficult year of my life I would most definitely say 2009, the fall being the worst season of them all.  We experienced something that began late summer that drained us all emotionally. It had a huge financial impact on us too.  We lived in fear for many months and it changed the way we will do things the rest of our lives.  Only a few know what happened and no one can understand the toll it took on our family.  Unless you experience it you just can't imagine the nightmare it created. I felt like I was living in a horror movie.  Then in November Grace and I both had surgery. If that wasn't enough my Mom, my best friend, passed away mid November.  Needless to say it was a rough year.  God was with us every step of the way and got us through that year.


So thankful for our sweet Alyssa! This happy loving little girl that was born during our storm spreads happiness everywhere she goes.  She is a delightful reminder that some pretty awesome things occurred in 2009 too!





No comments:

Post a Comment