Saturday, May 26, 2007

Happy Anniversary!



O.K. Don't know if this movie is going to work or not. I have spent hours and I mean hours trying to figure it out. Check back because if it doesn't work I will replace it with a slide show. Now to the reason the video was made.

Seventeen years ago I married my best friend, Dallas. We had been dating 3 1/2 years and had been planning our wedding for 2 years. Most of you know my Mom picked Dallas out for me at a football game. I introduced Dallas to her and after he left she said he was a nice guy and I should date him. At the time he was dating a friend of mine. Fast forward 2 months Dallas and I were dating and never dated another person. Dallas was so funny when we first start dating. He was so nervous. Mom agreed to let us get married two weeks after I graduated from college. I know now why she insisted on waiting until at least then. It must have been a lot of work for her since I was still away at college.

I remember that day clearly. It was raining that morning. My hairdresser called in sick and I got the worse hairdo ever. I refixed it when I got home. By the time we headed to the church it was a beautiful sunny day. I can still remember walking down the aisle and my Aunt Virginia complementing me. I,also, can still picture Dallas standing at the altar as nervous as when we first started dating. We had a great reception at the Country Club and off to the Holiday Inn for the night. We forgot our goodie boxed in the car at my parents so no dinner for us. The next morning we headed to Jamacia. We had a lot of fun but were ready to come home.

I have now spent over half my life with Dallas. What can I say? He is everything to me. He has given me lots of laughs, fun times, and 4 beautiful children(soon to be 5). I honestly don't know what I would do without him. We were meant to be together. God truly blessed me when Dallas came into my life.

1 comment:

  1. Oh my goodness, that is so sweet how y'all both posted about your anniversary! I LOVE THAT!!!! You both deserve all the blessings and happiness that comes to you! Happy 17th!!!

    When we had our 17th last November, it really hit me what a huge number that is. I don't know why really. Maybe because neither of our parents were married for more than 12 years at a time, not sure. But we should all be proud. Nowadays it's kinda rare, unfortunately.

    Take care and congratulations again!

    ReplyDelete