Thursday, May 31, 2007

Yet Another Post

Sorry, I am alittle post happy tonight. I have been meaning to do this one for awhile but kept forgetting. I stole this from someone else's blog. Her words describe exactly how I feel. The funny thing is I had even went to the park that day and I was doing the exact thing. She just words it much better than me.
From Elle's blog:
While I watched all of this transpire I couldn’t help myself doing a little comparing. Most moms sit around and compare their children. Not me. I sat around and compared myself to all the other moms. I was dressed nice, yet comfortably. I had remembered to brush my hair and of course I wore a pair of cute tennis shoes. For all my work at making myself look presentable, I still compared myself to them. Why? They each had a friend. Two moms sitting here or there. An obvious play group having lunch on a blanket. “Hi Betty,” or “Hi Susan,” when someone new arrived. Where was I? Sitting alone on a bench.

Frankly, I’m jealous. Sure it is easy to say look in the paper and find a play group. Or take your child here or there. But I’m socially awkward. Really. I have such a hard time making friends. I lack the ability to start a conversation. I would love to have a girlfriend that lives down the street or within a short distance.

I’ll keep trying. We’ll make regular trips to the park and the pool. Hopefully I’ll make a friend when preschool starts. Who knows. Anyone want to move to my neighborhood?

No comments:

Post a Comment