Sunday, June 3, 2007

Are You Controlled by Discouragement?

This was the topic of today's Sunday School lesson. God was definitely talking to me. The last few days I have been rather discouraged about the adoption and other things happening in my life. Today, God was telling me to snap out of it and count my blessings.

Our lesson listed these ways to navigate discouragement:

-Refuse to gave a final evaluation about your situation with information gained by your perceptions.
-Focus on the faithfulness and integrity of God rather than experience resignation over your immediate circumstances.
-Remember, God never releases control over every detail of your life.
-Resist negative thoughts;choose uplifting ones about God's character instead.
-Pray continually.
-Rest. Sometime discouragement follows extreme fatigue. Enjoy a season of solitude with the Lord.

1 comment:

  1. We need to help each other count our blessings. I think we should email each other a huge long list of everything we're blessed with. That way we can save them and remind each other when we're down. Thank you for my invite to your blog. I look forward to following your journey with you. :)

    Charlotte

    ReplyDelete