Tuesday, June 5, 2007

We're Ready

This poem was written by Holly. She writes most of the poems for our agency when a waiting child is placed. I don't think she wrote Grace's though. I believe the director did. For those of you adopting you will understand this poem completely. For those of you there aren't, sorry this is another one of those adoption posts. Thanks Hollly for all your positive posts. Holly will probably never see this post but I want to thank her anyway.

We're Ready

The March DTCers
(Some April - Some May)
Are watching Yahoo groups
For good news today.

We've chased all our paper.
We've dotted each i.
Oh, how we wish
That LOA would fly!

We've been fingerprinted.
We've even been weighed!
We're ready! We're READY!!
Please, let it be today.

We're keeping come company
While reading email.
We really are good moms!
Who've not been to jail!
(Or, our home study says we were young,
lots of time has passed,
and it was really someone else's fault!)

In the past week,
We've painted some rooms.
Our houses are spotless!
We even used brooms!
(Well, some of us.)

Others among us
Are fretting with worry.
We pray that travel funds
Will arrive in a hurry.

My spouse and my friends
Think I am a grouch.
And, my rear end is growing!
It's glued to the couch!
(where my laptop is located)

The laundry's all done!
(Or, we're surrounded by piles!)
PLEASE let that LOA come
And shorten the miles.

Those miles between each of us
And treasured child.
We've studied the pictures.
Is she(he) really that mild??
(or WILD??)

We're ready for Gotcha.
But, a few steps remain.
Please let LOA come
To return my brain!

For, I can think of nothing.
I'm useless at work!
Really! My VOE says
I'm not such a Shirk!
(VOE - Verification of Employment)

Hand over the eye drops!
I stare at this screen.
When LOA comes,
You'll ALL hear my scream!!

"Have you heard a 'Peep?' "
We all want to know!
"Has a package come in??"
"To which agency did it go??"

How we love Thursdays!
We've lived so vicariously!
The LIDs in line before us
Seem to all be on their way.

We read of their Gotchas.
And cry at each blog.
Oh, where are those LOAs??
Please, loosen this CLOG!

Oh, hurry the day
When those phones all start ringing!
We'll all sign the letters!
And commence all our singing!!

But, I fear the LOA joy
Will last only ONE day.
For once LOA comes,
We'll OBSESS on TA!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment