Thursday, June 28, 2007

What we do for fun in NC


School's out and we are having lots of fun. Today we picked Dallas up for lunch. We were taking Dallas back to work when the fun began. I was driving so I could just drop Dallas off at the door. We were stopped at a traffic light when this very large Coca-Cola truck rolled back into me. I was beeping but to no avail. One and a half hours later the matter was settled and we were on our way. The Coca-Cola guy spoke little English. Thank Goodness Dallas was still there to deal with it.

Our next bit of fun today comes from the Ant Party going on in our bathroom. The Ants arrive every year around this time. I have found that Terra Ant traps are the best. For a couple of days the ants make their way back and forth from the trap. Then they disappear. Well, last week we thought we had taken care of them. I left the trap out just in case. This week they are back in full force. I think ants from all over the neighborhood are arriving. I have never seen so many. This morning and afternoon I gathered all the kids to come to the party. Only Julia was impressed. I personally think the ants are fascinating. I love sitting and watching them. Julia sits right there with me. I guess the boys have better things to do.

I really need to get out more.

2 comments:

  1. These are not fun! No, no, no! I'm so sorry some non-english-speaking-idiot backed up into your car. Thank God nothing serious came from it and no one was hurt. Is your car badly damaged? Gosh, I sure hope not.

    Dang, that is a LOT OF ANTS!!! Good luck with the traps.

    Glad you got out to see "Evan Almighty". The ark scenes were shot in Crozet, about 20 minutes from where I work in Charlottesville. And the Capital Buildling shots were done in Richmond, at the John Marshall hotel---WHERE WE WENT TO PROM! Cool, huh? I haven't seen it yet, but I will!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Geez Kristen, if thats what you do for fun, you really need some entertainment. LOL sounds like fun!

    ReplyDelete