Sunday, April 14, 2013

Baby Hip Sling

When we adopted Grace in 2007 I had a hip sling that I loved.  A couple years after we came home we got rid of lots and lots of things.  Unfortunately that sling was amongst those items.  Last April when we traveled for Alyssa I bought a carrier from the thrift store and a hip sling online but didn't really like either of them.  I used the hip sling in China but it just wasn't very comfortable and it kept slipping.  

For the last few months I have been researching slings as well as carriers.  I prefer hip slings.  For me it is easier with a toddler.  The slings online were so expensive.  I didn't have the money to spend on one much less two.  So I decided I was going to make two slings.  I found a pattern I liked and got to work. 

Here is the finished product.  Alyssa and Julia both sat in it for me to see if it would work. I think it will be perfect.  It is light weight and easy to adjust.  Final cost for one was only $12.00.   I need to go buy the fabric so I can make a second one.  If I never use them again when I come home from China I have not wasted a ton of money.


1 comment: