Wednesday, April 24, 2013

Specific Prayer Requests

A few months ago there was a guest pastor preaching at our church.  One of the points of his message was when you pray that your prayers need to be specific.  That is exactly what I have been doing.  God has showed up big time in our adoption of the boys.

I am compiling a list of some of the things I will be praying for over the next few weeks.  If you feel led please pray for us.  I will probably being adding to the list.

1.  The boys
Their whole world is about to be turned upside down.  Please pray for a smooth transition, their hearts to be open to us, and good health.

2.  My sister, Zachary and Me
It will be the three of us traveling to get the boys.  Please pray for good health, strength, and safety.
I am extremely nervous without Dallas going this time.  I know I can do it, I was in Russia with Julia for almost 2 weeks by myself.  I am an introvert and it is difficult for me to be the one in charge.  I will have to be the leader of this pack.  I am confident with God's help I can do it but nonetheless I will be nervous.

3. The nannies at the orphanage who cared for the boys
The boys have been on the Show Hope floor since they arrived at the orphanage as babies.  There are specific nannies they have formed special bonds with.  It is going to be very difficult for them to see the boys leave.

4.  Alyssa
She spends everyday with me.  It is going to be very difficult for her without me here.  This is the first time she would have been away from me for more than a couple of hours.  When Mommy comes home she will have two little boys about her size with her.  This is going to be hard for Alyssa.  Her world is being turned upside down too.  Praying for her to accept the boys and that they all get along.

5. Julia, Grace, Nicholas, and Kristopher
They will be without Mom for 2 weeks.  Dallas will do a great job but it just isn't the same without Mom there.

6.  Dallas
He will have all the responsibilities on him while I am gone plus working full time.  He will also be concerned about all of us in China.



No comments:

Post a Comment