Sunday, May 12, 2013

Day 2- Summer Palace and Flight to Zhengzhou

Finally settling down to sleep. It is 11:40 p.m. Lots of highs and lows today. I am exhausted and can barely keep my eyes open.

After breakfast we went walking around the hotel. Really like the area. We had another ice cream cone. Little did we know that would be our last real food for the day.

At 12:00 our guide picked us up. She was back to normal and acted like nothing happened yesterday. We spent a couple of hours at the Summer Palace before heading to the airport.

Our flight was delayed so we spent about 3 hours at the airport. We arrived in Zhengzhou airport at about 8:45. Our facilitator, Yoyo, was there waiting for us. It is going to be a long week. Yoyo speaks very little English. I will be counting down the days until Guangzhou.

Around 9:30 we arrived at our hotel. We have 2 adjoining rooms that are quite nice. Yoyo tells me I need all these copies that I don't have. Hopefully I have enough for Monday and then I can make some at the copy center.

Zachary and I attempted to get them but found out the business center was closed. Zachary and the lady at the front desk communicated through translator apps on their phone.

Won't be long until we get the boys. We meet our guide at either 8:30 or 9:00. Communication just isn't there. We know there are at least 2 other American families here adopting. Hopefully at some point we will run into them. It is going to be a long week.

Will add photos later. Still have not downloaded them from my camera.

1 comment:

  1. God is with you, so everything will work itself out. Love you!

    ReplyDelete