Wednesday, May 8, 2013

It is a Miracle!

Monday was a day I would like to erase from my memory, the day I wished never happened. It has taken me this long to be able to write about it and I still have tears in my eyes.

Our 17 year old had a seizure driving out of our driveway Monday morning. We still can't figure out how his car ended up where it did . We know at some point he hit the house and went flying in reverse into the flower bed in front of our house. Dallas heard the constant honking of his car's horn and went running out to see what was happening. He saw him flying towards the flower bed.

The miracle is he is still alive. He was not injured at all. He hit a tree in the flower bed or else he would have landed on a busy street. The flower bed is slanted like a ramp so his car would have really flown. There are so many other scenarios that would have ended in death.

I am thankful God was watching over him.
Otherwise he would not be with us today. My heart hurts for him and the disappointment he is facing now not being able to drive. He is a great kid and I am sad he has to face the challenges of having seizures. But he is alive and for that I will be eternally grateful!







5 comments:

  1. Oh my God!! Thank God for this miracle!!! Y'all must have been TERRIFIED!! I'm so sorry he has to go through this...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so very sorry that this happened, but also I am so thankful that your son is ok. God was watching over him. Praise God it happened in your yard and not on a busy highway! Thinking and praying for you today as you are on your way!! Finally heard that my TA was issued yesterday, May 8. Praying for a CA so that I can leave May 24. Will miss seeing you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my word! Glad he is alright!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So sorry to hear about the accident, but so thankful he is ok! Have a wonderful time in china and i can't wait to meet my two new great nephews. Love you all Aunt Peggy

    ReplyDelete
  5. So sorry to hear about the accident, but so thankful he is ok! Have a wonderful time in china and i can't wait to meet my two new great nephews. Love you all Aunt Peggy

    ReplyDelete