Monday, May 13, 2013

Day 3- The Boys

Our first order of business this morning was breakfast at the Crowne Plaza. Breakfast is not to be skipped. It is our one good meal a day.

Our guide met us a little before 9:00. Zachary, Yoyo, and I then preceded to play a game of Frogger. We were the frogs trying to make it across the road. After completing the first round we waited at the bank a very long time to get money. Time for a second round of Frogger. I doubt we reached a high score but survival was good enough for us.

After arriving back to the hotel we got Debi and the driver. We were headed to the Civil Affairs office to get the boys.

This was a new experience for us. The girls were both brought to the hotel. I much prefer the hotel. The Civil Affairs office was chaotic. After about 15 minutes the boys walked in. Zachary and approached them and tried to get them to play. After lots of tears, paperwork, and sweat we left.

Next stop was Walmart. We were able to get some snacks for the room. The boys cried on and off the whole time.

We were able to get the boys to eat a small snack in the room. All afternoon they cried on and off and played a little. We did venture out once for a stroll.

About 9:00 Zachary and I could hardly keep our eyes open. The boys do not like the bed! Zachary thought of laying on the floor and the getting the boys too. Thank goodness it worked.

Caleb is still sleeping, Jacob woke about 2:00 and wanted to be held. I finally got him to drink a bottle. He pointed to the crib. He is now sleeping there but is crying out occasionally.

Other thoughts: This is hard. The boys have had a more difficult time than the girls. Caleb is the stronger one. My medical concerns with Jacob are much greater. Zachary has been a trooper. I am so proud of the young man he is becoming. He has had to step in and take Dallas' place. My sister is a huge help but we don't want the boys to attach to her before bonding with us.

We can't get my computer to connect to the internet. All my posts and photos are coming from my phone. Hopefully tonight the boys will be calmer and we can figure it out.

Please pray for the boys. Their little worlds have crumbed. Everything they knew is gone. Please pray for us. We need the strength to get through all that is yet to come.










3 comments:

  1. Awww...the grieving is so hard, but good..truly! They look so big! What size do they fit in? Glad your older son is such a great help and that your sister is able to help with things other than the actual care. Hoping your computer starts cooperating. ((HUGS)) and prayers for strength and for the boys' hearts!

    ReplyDelete
  2. COngratulations! I will continue to pray for all of you. They are adorable! Boy, I was scared before but now I'm really frightened as Iam going to be doing it all by myself - yikes!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my goodness, the boy are darling! Praying for them and you!! I am sure they will make a big turn around in a day or two! ~nancy

    ReplyDelete