Sunday, May 19, 2013

May 19 - the Gardens, Art and Crafts Mart, Misc.

So glad to start the day with my favorite breakfast at the Garden. It is the waffle with peanut butter sauce. I have been looking forward to it for weeks.

We met our guide and another family. It was nice spending the morning with them. We went to the ______ Gardens. Have to look up its name. What a neat place. The flowers were beautiful! It reminded me of It's a Small World. Nice place to walk around.

Let me mention now the heat. This is a given no matter what day it is or where we are. When you walk out of the hotel room it hits you in the face. After just a few minutes of walking you are drenched with sweat. I have decided it affects me more than others but nonetheless it is hot.

After the Gardens we went to the Arts and Crafts Market. Not what I expected. It was a large store with porcelain, jewelry, chops, silks, etc. It seemed expensive to me so I didn't buy anything. It did score points for air condition.

We fed the boys lunch in the room and let Zachary rest a little bit. He has been feeling bad on and off for a few days. When he was ready we hit the streets again.

Our plan was to walk around and go to Tekila's for dinner. Tekilas didn't happen do to a rainstorm and poor communication between Zach and us.

The boys loved the rain and getting wet. They thought it was so funny. We stopped by McDonalds to get a happy meal for the boys and the bakery to get us a meal.

When we got back to the room I asked my adoptive Facebook friends where the good cheap Chinese places were. Someone mentioned one right across the street. So out in the rain went again. Good noodles and the boys gobbled them up.

I already love these boys so much! With this being our 4th and 5th adoption I know sometimes it takes time once you meet them. I can say all my worries and concerns before travel were unnecessary. No matter what the boys medical problems may be we can conquer it together. I would already slay dragons for my boys. That is if I were to need to slay dragons. They are going to be a wonderful addition to our family! I am already picturing Alyssa saying "Jacob I tell Mom! Caleb I tell Mom! "





2 comments:

  1. PRECIOUS!!! Loved reading all about your days. I'm dreading the heat though since I will be there for the full time - ugh!!! Have you tried the pool at the Garden? I hope to spend a lot of time there so please don't tell me it's closed: )

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad they are doing so well!! Love their outfits too! :)

    ReplyDelete