Wednesday, May 29, 2013

Four Days Home

The boys are doing well considering the circumstances. Their whole world has changed. They do not like change!

Sleeping went better last night. Thinking tonight may be the night they sleep past 4:00 am. Today we were able to get them on a more normal schedule.

Eating is also improving. They do not like new foods. Have been successful with eggs, chicken nuggets, French fries, and noodles. Not a healthy diet but they are eating.

They are still crying a lot but we see glimpses of their real personalities. Even though they are 3.4 years old they are quite babyish. I would say they are more like a young 2 year old. This could be due to orphanage life or their special need.

I think it is just going to take the boys longer to accept their new home and family. They were well cared for by Show Hope at their orphanage. Their loss is great.

Sad tonight. My daughters took a photo of the boys to school while we were in China. My daughter, home from China since 2007, told us tonight that her friend told her that her other friends said the boys were creepy. Sorry my daughter has to deal with this and sad that anyone(even kids) would think our boys were any less than perfect. I know my skin needs to thicken because there will most likely be many negative comments in the years to come.

No comments:

Post a Comment