Thursday, May 16, 2013

Maria's Big House of Hope

What can I say this place is amazing!! This was by far one of our best days yet.

We started the day by going to breakfast. No big surprise there. The boys did better. Whatever you do don't pull out the yogurt. It is rather thin and the boys have it all over them before we leave.

Our facilitator arrived at 9:00. We were expecting a different one, we were told we would be getting a new one. We didn't but that's okay.

After a two hour drive to Louyang we arrived at Maria's Big House of Hope. We were greeted by who else but Maria. She is a nurse there. I am assuming from the US but I don't think I asked.

Maria gave us the history of MBHOH. Then she gave us the tour. We were able to see all floors except the 2nd floor. These kids are so well taken care of. We went into many of the rooms and were able to talk to see the children. I would have loved to hug and hold each one of them. I couldn't because I was holding Jacob.

Today Maria was my angel. Just talking to her and spending the hour at MBHOH made the rest of our time here seem bearable.

If you are close definitely go visit. It is well worth the time. Be prepared you will want to do more after you go. The faces of these little ones will forever be embedded in my mind.

After our tour, Maria gave our facilitator directions to McDonalds and told her to order us big drinks with lots of ice. It was delicious. First real meal(except for breakfast) we have had all week. Zachary and I had double cheeseburgers and Debi had a filet of fish. The boys had chicken nuggets. The best part of the meal was my large Sprite with ice and I don't even like Sprite.

The facilitator said for us to meet her at 1:30. We were in a great shopping area so we took this time to explore. Zachary was very eager to go to the Nike and Adidas store. No deals but always interesting to look. Next we went to the mall. It was just neat looking around.

We are now on our way back to Zhengzhou. The boys including Zachary are fast asleep. What a great day! Today I could feel God's presence in the little things. Maria truly was a godsend! Just another reason to love Show Hope. Not only did they give my babies excellent care but they also were a beacon of light when I needed it most.

In the evening our travel service came by to deliver the boys' passports. Our work here is done. Why we have to stay until Saturday is beyond me. They also brought us a gift apologizing for our problems. It is 4 jars of cookies.

The boys are really starting to come out of their shell. Tonight they were laughing, giggling, and singing when trying to go to bed.

Had to throw in the squatty potty picture. A blog to China would not be complete without one. I didn't attempt to use it, a photo is good enough for me.0







4 comments:

  1. McDonald's....the boys are American already!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad to hear MBHOH was wonderful. Can not wait to see it for myself! Your boys are so cute, glad they are turning the corner.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for sharing this post with me....so thankful you were able to visit MBHOH and that your little ones are with you at last. Please keep us updated on the boys as they grow!
    Cathy Troyer
    Show Hope

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you so much for sharing this post with me. I am so thankful that you were able to visit MBHOH and that the boys are with you at long last. Please keep us updated as they grow! All our best to your dear family....
    Cathy Troyer
    Show Hope

    ReplyDelete