Wednesday, August 8, 2007

Almost There

We are almost ready. I have a few more things to do. No use going to sleep. I have to get up at 3:30 a.m. to leave for the airport by 4:30. It is still hard to believe our journey is about to begin.

I never thought I would say this but I ironed all of our money tonight. For those not familiar with adoption, we need to take crisp new bills. They are not always easy to find. So sometimes you have to iron them. It didn't work as good as I had hoped.

We had planned to pack light. I did the best I could which wasn't very good at all. We have 4 medium suitcases weighing between 40-42 lbs. We each have a carryon. They boys' bags probably weigh about 10 lbs. Dallas and mine weigh about 15. Dallas' computer bag wasn't in the picture. Plus we are taking a double stroller. Our guides in China probably won't like us too much.

I made a scrapbook for ? Grace's foster parents. It turned out really cute! I just hope it gets to her. I am making little thank you cards for everyone we need to give gifts to. It has ? Grace's picture on the front. I will try and remember to take a picture while in China.

Until next time.............Newark, NJ or Beijing, China, time will tell

1 comment:

  1. Yeah, Yeah, Yeah!!! I am so excited for you guys! Can't wait to see ? Grace w/her family!!!!!

    ReplyDelete