Thursday, August 9, 2007

We are Here

Our trip was pretty uneventful. It is one long plane ride. We were all very glad to get here. We gate checked our stroller that we bought secondhand. We loved this stroller. It was a double stroller and rolled with such ease. At the gate they said go to baggage claim. I told him that can't be true but he wouldn't believe me. So guess what we no longer have that stroller.

Our guide was waiting for us. I went first with the kids while Dallas attempted to find the stroller. The kids and I scanned the crowd for the sign bearing our name. At last we saw Braxton. I explained the situation to her and she understood not a word of what I was staying. She is very nice but it is difficult to communicate.

On to the hotel. We were told a little a Beijing. Zachary was more interested in the cars. The hotel is nice. We had room issues. The representative from our agency admits it is her fault but that doesn't help much. Dallas and I were just too exhausted to tell with it right now. We are sleeping on a box spring with no mattress. I am not joking here, we looked under the sheets. Good thing we are both so tired.

Tomorrow is the Great Wall. I will post some pictures then. Off to bed.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Braxtons!
    Glad you are all there safe! Too bad about the stroller, I sure hope you can find something to help with that. Have fun at the Great Wall! Love reading your blog! Nice entry Nicholas!
    Annie Kline

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is a shame about losing your favorite stroller. I'm so glad you got there safe and sound! I'm so excited for you!!

    ReplyDelete