Sunday, August 26, 2007

Getting Back into the Swing of Things

I still have so much to share but the last few days we have been getting adjusted to the time and getting ready for school. The first day of school is tomorrow. I believe we bought the last school supply today. Pickings were slim this year. I had to go to three stores to find everything and the lists were small.

Grace is doing great. She has slept in her crib in her room the last two nights. Last night she fell asleep about 9:30 and woke up at 7:20 this morning. We were very pleased. She still cries whenever I leave the room. She loves taking a bath with Julia. She still loves to eat.

Julia is definitely having jealousy issues. It is getting better but she wants to do everything Grace does. She wants to wear diapers and sit in a high chair. In time this will improve too. Julia starts school Thursday. She will be going 5 days a week for a half a day. I think it will help the situation a lot.

Dallas got me a new computer today. Dallas thinks my old computer needs a new motherboard. It didn't go to China with us but has been on the blink for a couple of months now. We told Kristopher if he wanted to pay to fix my old computer he could have it. The new computer(not a Dell but a Gateway)didn't cost much more than it will cost to fix the old one. Once Dallas gets my new computer set up I will post more pictures from our trip.

2 comments:

  1. Very happy to hear Grace is doing so well. It's so funny how the youngest sibling always wants to revert to being a baby again when a new baby arrives. I heard once that when the new baby arrives, the youngest feels the same as if a husband said to his wife, "Hi Honey, meet my newest wife, she's gonna live with us and do everything with us and we're all gonna be so happy together!" Nuh-UH! Don't think so! Ha! Kids are so funny. It's rough getting all the kids ready for school. I'm sure Julia will love it, being a big girl and doing more big girl things. Congratulations on your new computer too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So very glad you are all home safe and looking forward to seeing everyone and meeting my new niece next week. I hope this visit won't be too much for you. I will be glad to help you out in any way I can.

    LOL

    ReplyDelete