Monday, August 13, 2007

Another Post

Sorry to be boring you with another post. There just isn't much to do this time of day without waking everyone up. I can blog or go in the bathroom and read a book. There is no comfortable chairs in the bathroom.

Fuzhou is so different than Beijing. We are really like it here better. Fuzhou has a population of about 2 million. Still a big city but a much slower pace and not quite as many people. The air is better too even in the hotel room. I had difficulty brieving in Beijing especially in the hotel room. We love the hotel we are staying at. There is more for the kids to do and more choices of restaurants. Katherine our guide is fantastic. She even called last night to make sure Dallas had no problems going to McDonalds. She also arranged for someone to come and pick up our laundry. I think they were abit surprised at the quanity of laundry we had. With 6 of us we had accumulated quite a bit since we left the States. It came to around 100.00 but we figured that wasn't bad. It was a third of the price the hotel would have charged. I know there were 21 shirts in there and probably the same number of shorts,underwear,and socks.

On the plane ride to Fuzhou it was a little uncomfortable. I sat behind Dallas with Zachary and Julia. That won't happen again. Everyone was staring at us and trying to touch Zachary and Julia. A boy behind Zachary did talk a little English with him but then he kept standing up in his seat and just staring at Zachary. Zachary didn't know this was happening. Fortunately Julia went to sleep so people then left her alone. Definitely gives you a feeling what it is like to be the miniority.

4 comments:

  1. YIPPEE! I just can't believe it! You chose the perfect name. Love to all of you and safe journeys.
    Terri

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just love being able to keep up with all the news! I'm glad that ya'll have a day of rest!! I hope that the boys enjoy the bowling alley and the pool!

    Glad to hear that Julia is feeling better!

    Can't wait to hear the next update!

    Love,
    Paige

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, what Paige said! Ditto!

    So glad you had a day of rest.

    And I'm thrilled to hear Grace had a better day today.

    When do you bring her home? (I should probably know this already)

    Don't worry about posting too often, that's quite impossible!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aunt Kristen! I finally got the internet working in my room at school! I miss y'all so much, and I can't wait to see y'all. I am so excited about meeting Grace and giving her a big hug from "Beth". Well tell everyone I said hi, and give all the boys, Julia, and Grace a kiss from their cousin (Yes, Kristopher too!) Much love to all of you!

    ReplyDelete