Friday, August 17, 2007

Saturday, August 18

We went to bed later last night so I was sure I would be able to sleep later this morning. No such luck. It is now 4 somthing. We are back to sleeping on boards. I don't know why the Chinese like to sleep on something so hard. If you dived into your bed you would get hurt.

Yesterday morning we met a man from Chicago for breakfast. He was an elderly man visting his fiance and her child. He said that he has been trying to get her visa for a year and was rejected. There is no appeal process so he doesn't know what they are going to do. He has been here 6 times this year to visit her. The problem is that she is more than 20 years younger than him. The government doesn't believe they are a real couple. It was very interestin talking to him.

Our hotel is very nice. We are actually in Guangdong,Guangzhou. Unfortunately our 2 rooms aren't connected here. I am in a very nice suite. Dallas is in a regular double room. The girls and Nicholas are with me and the others with Dallas. A computer comes with the room so we have not connected my computer yet. Therefore no pictures until this afternoon or night.

We have to leave the room early today. Our guide is to meet us in the lobby at 10:15. Breakfast is included at all our hotels so we will need to eat before we leave. Since lunch is usually snacks we don't want to miss the breakfast buffet.

Grace was not particularly thrilled with her first plane ride. She did better than I expected though. I had to hold her the whole time. No surpise there. She cried several times but I was able to calm her down.

5 comments:

  1. Hi Kristen and family, we are enjoying your blog. We are also enjoying being grand parents. Melanie has a "meet and greet" after baby shower tomorrow and Paige Noel will be the star. I will go play golf with Bobby Waldo since it is ladies only. This sounds like a wonderful experience for you all. Tomorrow is the weekend so maybe I can check out more of your blog. We hope you got the pix I sent.

    Love, Aunt Rita and Uncle Tommy

    PS. Did we tell you Danny got engaged. He and Shinta will marry sometime after the 1st of the year.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thinking about you...lots of love to all...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Guess ya'll are at the breakfast buffet by now!! It is almost 9pm here so I guess it is almost 9am there....

    Hope ya'll have a fun day today!

    Love,
    Paige

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hope you had a great day! Can't wait to hear more adventures!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Kristen, I've been trying to
    catch up on your blog. Congratulations! Grace looks like
    she is doing very well. She is
    beautiful. I can't wait to see her
    in person.
    Teresa

    ReplyDelete